Sunday, May 29, 2011

Assignment 3 - Laser Cutting - Thoughts and Materials

Having been to the lectures and seen some of the examples of the laser cutting I have decided that I really like MDF and and the finish it produces. I really like the blakc edge that the laser burns in, I also like that its really smooth and soft to look at. In discussion with Jeremy and Danny I will use MDF for the floors/levels of my building. For the trusses on edge of the building I will use a clear acrylic.


My tutor Danny suggested to me that I only model 2 sides of the building as this would highlight the internal construction of the building etc. I really like this idea and therefore am only modeling 2 sides of the building to highlight construction and my theme of prefabrication.


Summery:

MDF 6mm - Levels

MDF 3mm - Services 'Ring' + Other

Clear Acrylic 2mm - Truss System

No comments:

Post a Comment