Friday, March 4, 2011

3 Possible Themes for Assignment 1

Theme One:
Waves (Ocean and The Beach)

(Image Source: http://burtonini.com/photos/2004-LakeGarda/)

I chose this image because one of my favourite things to do is to go to the beach. Whether it is going for a swim in the ocean, going surfing or simply just sitting there watching the waves I find something quite peaceful and relaxing when I do these things. I also find it very intriguing and interesting because no two waves are ever the same, sure some might be similar but no two are ever exactly the same.


Theme Two:
Bikes (Different Types of Bikes and Places to Ride)



(Image Source: http://www.doobybrain.com/2009/11/22/bicycle-wheel-coasters/)

I picked this image because one of my favourite exercises is to go bike riding. I like that there are so many different types of bikes to ride and so many different places to explore. Whether it is riding on the road, through a bush track or simply around a park there are so many different types of bikes to chose from and each has its own unique and specific applications and function.


Theme Three:
Trees (Native Trees i.e. Gumtrees)

(Image Source: http://www.cityofsound.com/blog/2006/07/the_shock_of_th.html)

As I live near bushland I selected this image because I have grown up to appreciate and respect the wonders of nature and special beauty that native flora can have, particularly gumtrees other native trees. Similarly to the ocean and waves no two trees, no matter how similar they may be are exactly the same. Every tree has its own unique characteristics. I find it amazing how trees can find was of adapting to the surroundings and environment in order to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment